No Upfront Costs
- You don’t have to pay for your course upfront if you are studying for a degree for the first time.
- You can get a loan to cover the cost of your tuition, and start to pay back when you are earning over £25,000 a year.
How loan repayments are expected to work
- You will begin to repay your loan from the April three years after the start date of your course, or the April after you finish your course if that’s sooner.
- You repay 9% of your income above £25,000.
- If your salary falls below £25,000, your repayments stop. They would start again when you earn over £25,000.
- Loan repayments will be deducted from your salary, normally through the tax system.
- Any loan you have not repaid after 30 years is written off.
For more information about the financial support available and the benefits of going to university or college visit the government website.